Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chapter 3 Notes

                      My Summary

     At the end of the workday, Slim and George return to the bunkhouse. Slim has agreed to give one of the pups to Lennie, and George thanks him for his kindness, insisting that Lennie is “dumb as hell,” but is neither crazy nor mean. Slim appreciates George’s friendship with Lennie, saying that it is a welcome change in a world where no one ever “seems to give a damn about nobody.” George confides in Slim the story of how he and Lennie came to be companions. Curley picks a fight with Lennie and Lennie destroys Curley's hand.

                                                                                      My Connection

      I can connect to Lennie getting a puppy from Slim. I remember when I my mom bought me my dog. Also, I believe that Lennie has positive intentions with his new dog. Something may happen to the pup,  but I don't think Lennie would purposely kill it.

                                                                 My Reflection



     The structure of Of Mice and Men isn't as organized as most books. I would like it if the chapters were labeled as opposed to the actual structure of the book now. It would make it a little easier to stay organized. The book it very simple other than the unlabeled chapters.








No comments:

Post a Comment